If you like your coffee extra strong, this one's for you!
Bialetti's Brikka features a specially designed valve that produces a coffee shot (30ml) with a concentration almost twice that of the Bialetti Moka Express.
Using the same basic brewing method as the Moka Express, simply fill the bottom with water, add your favourite espresso ground coffee to the funnel and gently heat on your stovetop.
Constructed from food grade aluminium and includes a sturdy stay cool nylon handle and knob and Bialetti’s patented safety valve.
Please note, the cup size refers to an espresso cup.
max boiler capacity
Before First Use:
- Before using the coffeemaker for the first time, it’s a good idea to wash all the parts in hot water first. The Bialetti Brikka is NOT dishwasher safe.
- We recommended that you throw away the first 3 brews.
- It’s really important that you don’t use the handle while unscrewing as this can cause the handle to break.
- Fill the base with water to just below the level of the safety valve. Be careful not to overfill as the air in the space between the water and the coffee filter is what heats and forces the water up through the coffee. If the water tank is overfilled the result is boiled coffee, with a bitter or burnt taste.
- Insert the funnel.
- Loosely fill the funnel with espresso ground coffee, do not press coffee down.
- Screw the top section firmly to the base.
- Place the coffeemaker on a low to medium heat. When using on gas adjust the flame so that it does not extend up the side of the pot.
- It takes only 3 - 6 minutes, depending on the size of the coffeemaker and the intensity of heat, until it’s ready to serve.
- Remove immediately from the heat once coffee pot is full. Do not allow to boil and do not put on full heat as this may cause the coffee to have a burnt taste.
- Dissemble and hand wash in warm water. Suitable for use on gas, electric and ceramic hobs, NOT suitable for induction.